These are the top 6 writing tips that I’ve learned:
1. Writer’s Block doesn’t exist. Sometimes you don’t have inspiration, but you can always force it to happen.
2. You can find inspiration anywhere. Learn to be observant of the inspiration around you.
3. Spending time on your outline is worth it. A good outline really helps give your finished writing structure.
4. First drafts are always ugly. You can revise later.
5. Read. You can’t be an author/ writer unless you are also a reader.
6. Read how-to-write books. My favorite how- to write book for fiction is Structuring your Novel, by K.M Weiland. My favorite book for writing paragraphs and essays is Jenson’s Format Writing, by Frode Jenson.
What are some of your best tips for writing?